Thursday, August 03, 2006

And then Carmen said...

During an intimate moment, when I was revealing all Leslie's secrets to our new apprentice-intern-student-work experience writing slave (Carmen in case you haven't guessed) she made the comment that blogs were private.

Uh?

Apparently according to current Carmenological theory, if one finds a blog as a random occurence or are invited by the author (or perhaps just someone who isn't me) then it is fine to peruse the pedantry, otherwise it is a gross invasion of privacy. While I could easily turn this into an examination of our current society's bizarre notions of personal and private or perhaps a critical critique of one women's journey to refute the age-old definition of "under-the-pillow," "back-of-the-drawer," "It's private dammit!" I will refrain... starting now...

Instead I will paraphrase a very wise man (or "person" for you sticklers). It ain't private if more than two people know about; and pretty sure more than two people are on the internet. Either that or the other guy is pretty creative about keeping me fooled.

So... welcome Carmen. I encourage you to read on. I especially enjoy Wednesday, March 24, 2004 or Friday, January 14, 2005. And if Leslie kills me then you won't have to put up with me any more...

No comments: