Monday, June 01, 2015

Do'h!

This afternoon I contributed in a tiny way to C's upcoming magazine issue by helping to roast dough twists over an open flame. That probably doesn't sound very appetizing, but when the roasted dough is rolled in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, it should be tasty (at least for people who like butter and sugar).

Working in the kitchen with C today reminded me of the great Marxist cookie event of May 2012, in which Carmen and I undertook to make a dozen or so Groucho Marx-style cookies. Whee! Here's a picture of the best pan.


So cute! I still like these guys.

Anyway. I'm hopeful good food styling and good camera work will disguise the fact that my dough twist looked like it was roasted by the family under-achiever. And kudos to C for coming up with a fun project for a Monday afternoon.

No comments: