Monday, December 28, 2015

At the dock, le deuxième: Views from Victoria


As follow-up to my previous post about the marina in which we live, here are a few pictures I've taken out and about in Victoria and the Saanich Peninsula.

 

1. Artful mermaid: There's a lot of public art in Victoria, although photographing much of it is challenging. We found this mermaid en route to Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub.



2. Sweets: There are dozens of souvenir stores on Government Street, including a Rogers' Chocolate shop and a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory shop, where this picture was taken. I haven't bought anything here so far ...




3. Sidney: A few weeks ago we took the bus to Sidney on a very stormy day. Here are two views of the Haro Strait in the middle of the storm. The second picture is looking toward the Sidney marina, where we stayed overnight in September. Not a great port in this storm, though.



4. Garrick's Head: I mentioned that we have a favourite pub. Here's the fire from my favourite seat in the place!



5. Pansies: This picture was taken on Saturday, December 19. Happy solstice! Some days I barely miss Edmonton. 



6. Xmas celebrations: As I've mentioned before, Victoria seems to take Christmas seriously. The lights are impressive — and I missed mentioning here the Lighted Truck Parade we watched at the beginning of December. These horses were taking families for rides around downtown.

Soon we'll be back in Edmonton for a brief visit. More pictures of "living the dream" in the new year. In the meantime, best wishes for 2016. Cheers!
 

No comments: