Sunday, May 04, 2003

Hmph!

Not too much to report, other than we've been spending money like most people drink coffee. Birthdays plus spring plus IKEA -- bad combination in one week. And now I'm practically unemployed! : ) But on the bright side we found perfect chairs for the dinner table, and with a lacey cloth the table looks SO elegant. We could fool a lot of people -- if that was the only part of the house they saw. I bought two new books: _Oryx and Crake_ by Margaret Atwood and _Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates_ by Tom Robbins. Yay! Finished _Summerland_ this morning -- wonderful. I should probably read the other YA books I bought before starting the new fave novels but ... So little time, so many books!

Right now I am baking date squares (or matrimonial cake, if you prefer). The house smells delicious. I am trying to get well centred before everything spins up again. The last two months were rather extraordinary. Probably next year won't be quite as demanding. Then again, maybe I should look at the tentative schedule before saying that.

Bingos to work and books to edit and papers to write and books to write and appointments to attend and gardening to accomplish. I wish the weather would warm up! I want to be much more diligent about eating vegetables this year -- especially salad. And fruit. Soon we'll plant blueberry shrubs. And maybe a new cherry shrub. And some more raspberries. Too bad blackberries won't survive the winter here. Maybe in the garage?

Maybe tomorrow I'll sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep. Just can't seem to catch up. Finally went to the new Save-On Foods -- definitely a let-down. So they're building one here, too. I hope it's like the one in the Highlands or else I won't bother darkening the doors. Looking at plant material at discount retailers always makes me snicker. Why bother? Meanwhile, the neighbours at #3 sold their house for approximately $279K. They think this bodes well for us -- ??? Oh well. Gather ye easter creme eggs while ye may.

xx les xx

PS: Happy 30th Birthday, Stephen!

No comments: