Saturday, June 28, 2003

Blogging in the dark, waiting for the stupefying effect of another glass of Zin to kick in. Had a long long nap and now can't sleep. Lying in the summer-dark entirely lost. Such a terrifying feeling to wake up and not know where you are. Dislocated in time. Then as I was trying to fall back to sleep it happened again. It could be June, or September, or Christmas. I have talked about the garden in my mind that blooms while I edit. Perhaps there is another garden that blooms while I sleep? Watching the night struggling to arrive in the west-north: no stars out this evening.

Wherever will I use my metaphor about the elastic waist of time? It was spontaneous but pleasing.

Now reading: Clara Callan. Am adoring it. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. So far very good. The Polished Hoe. Still struggling.

Today I like: Walking with my boys. A picture of tea and crumpets. (What IS a crumpet, anyway?) Picture of a brave girl. Dickensfield chocolate donuts.

Today I dislike: Misperception. Space between. Too much disorder.

... standing in zoo station, face pressed up against the glass ...

the wind, the rain
the magpie standing sentry
green tender not placid
active not passive
the span of a hand
across a universe

Wine insufficient. Time for the food channel... - L

PS: Hi Pat!

No comments: