Saturday, May 02, 2009

The house I want to buy

Next in my ongoing rant against realtors who insist on working without editors... the home fit for a pirate!

"[This home] is one of the largest at 1,242 sq.ft. has a downtown view with a 27 ft. balcony with duel access."

Whom shall I invite to duel? Jack Sparrow? Zorro? Captain Farrell? Oh, the possibilities are endless. I'll certainly enjoy my 27 ft. balcony. NOT.

And seriously, what's up with the insistence on an initial capital on "Realtor"? Even the spelling checker in my web browser wants the capital! I don't believe "Doctors", "Lawyers", or "Teachers" enjoy that privilege. Perhaps realtors, as para-professionals, have a self-esteem problem and need to compensate by breaking the conventions of English grammar?

Still marking,
L

No comments: