Sunday, May 25, 2003

Happy day. I walked today -- yay! Got too much sun -- wah. Ever have that experience in which you know you're doing something for the last time but can't say so? You just know. Weird. That said, I was rather obnoxious about the event, I think. The ritual of the walk means something to me, and I had been looking forward to it for weeks. The fact that we CAN walk should be worth celebrating. Hmmph! I think of the reasons I began in the first place, and they're still relevant, of course; and my own possible future informs my actions as well. But regardless: the experience should be greater than we as individuals are.

I have been playing with the Apple Music Store this weekend. If you have a Mac, you should upgrade to 10.2 immediately and go play. It's REALLY fun! I can't wait for music to be licensed for Canada too. Of course, I'm going to have to get another job to afford everything I want to download. But the ethics of the solution please me. Convenient downloads -- but the artist still gets paid, and the publisher still gets a cut to support production, promotion, development, etc. And the sound quality on the samples is excellent -- WAY better than the 45s I used to buy. There are still many albums I'll want to buy complete, but the ability to buy specific tracks is very, very appealing. I hope the Music Store works!

I made blueberry cobbler -- with wild blueberries -- and cornmeal muffins for dinner. Bruce made shrimp skewers and spicy chicken. When we eat well, we really eat well. Perhaps I'll become a vegan for 33.5. Hah! There's a bouillabaisse I want to try before I take that step.

Tonight I like: Sunny days. The whirl (always always and always). Grace. The memory of my maternal grandmother making cucumbers and vinegar for dinner. Tea, for its paths.

Tonight I dislike: Complaisance. My poor spelling. The blades. Disbelief. Arching away. That I have forgotten all that I have forgotten.

Never sensible but relentlessly sensitive,
laV
because someone told me it's all happening at the zoo...


No comments: