Thursday, April 17, 2003

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

"MS is the most common disease of the central nervous system in young adults in Canada; children as young as 6 years have been diagnosed with MS. Its cause unfound, its course unpredictable; and its cure, unknown." Compelling? No. Fodder for a grammar exam? Yes!

Sponsor me! Yes yes, it's once agan that time of year when I must run around like mad collecting pledges so I can continue to expand my collection of SuperCities Walk t-shirts. Not that I myself am expanding, except in some people's minds. Oh my, somatic imperialism. Good old corporeal colonialist me. Maybe reality = subjective. Maybe I just think heavy thoughts. Or maybe, as my ex-husband used to quote, "You're pushing maximum density there, dear." But all can be put right again.

"i'll be bonnie and you be clyde -- see if we can get ourselves killed before we die"

Could we? I can think of too many ways.

"we gotta ride this road into paradise"

Today I like: Cinnamon gum. My PROW 102 (497) class. Black shoes. Black eye-liner. The lone wolf. Raspberries. Red tulips. Two red lips. Kissing.

Today I dislike: That weird tendony spot at the top of my right inner thigh. (How's that for personal? Hope you're not reading this, Earl.) Bananas. Voice mail. My grandfather. Numb thumb and forefinger. Textureless bran muffins. Tommy Salo too deep in net. Line-ups. The smell of freshly changed oil. Empty empty empty mailbox!!!

She am weird this evening always. Sometimes I crave a sister. Quoting blithely. Precociousness the title of a work in progress. Ides, ides. Don't talk about elision: it's scary. And remember always that this is us. "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously."

"won't you lay me down in the tall grass?"

It's deep structure, maybe. But then I'm just second-hand news.

"they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon"

Writing about the panderer. This is gonna hurt real bad.

Leslie
"i will never let you know where my mind has been"

No comments: