Thursday, October 21, 2004

What did you get for your money's worth?*

Things I learned in Newfoundland

(the truncated version ... since it's been two months since I first promised to get to this)

• That in Grand Banks your day always starts with waking up.

• That the song lyric isn't "I's the guy".

• That, despite claims to the contrary, the moose in Newfoundland are mythical.

• That lighthouse keepers, like hatters, were made mad by mercury.

• That you shouldn't park a rental car on things that burn.

a buzzing buzzing bee with no voice,
L

* Asked of me by the customs agent in Fortune, Newfoundland, upon our return from St-Pierre. My answer was "A corkscrew, a commemorative spoon, a T-shirt, and ... some groceries" (including chocolate-chip-cookie cereal). Not exactly a stellar moment for international trade.

No comments: